Ticketing Clerk Job Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Ltd
Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited- We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere. SENCE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Ticketing Clerk
Reference Code: SE/03/TC
- Announces arrival and departure information, using public-address system.
- Answers inquiries made to travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines.
- Arranges reservations and routing for passengers at request of Ticket Agent.
- Assigns specified space to customers and maintains computerized inventory of passenger space available.
- Assists passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart conveyance.
- Checks baggage and directs passenger to designated location for loading.
- Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customer.
- Examines passenger ticket or pass to direct passenger to specified area for loading.
- Informs travel agents in other locations of space reserved or available.
- May make public address announcements of arrivals and departures.
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer.
- Reads coded data on tickets to ascertain destination, marks tickets, and assigns boarding pass.
- Sells and assembles tickets for transmittal or mailing to customers.
- Sells travel insurance.
- Telephones customer or Ticket Agent to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservation.
- Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the workshop.
- Conduct annual Performance Appraisal for Workshop Personnel.
- Coordinate with sales department and arrange for delivery of equipment to customers.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Ensure that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives, and that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaboration with the Workshop Supervisor by familiarizing them with work surroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipment and job expectations and ensure that new team members understand their respective duties.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Maintain communication with GM headquarters to obtain security information, report unusual concerns and share new ideas that may contribute to improved Workshop operations.
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves, holidays or sickness.
- Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
- Plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
The candidate must possess the following:
- A dynamic person who can easily identify customer needs.
- A nice pleasant appearance and personality.
- Be based in areas like Ajah, Ojodu and Berger.
- Excellent Computer skills are an advantage.
- Have an excellent communication skills and open personality in order to relate easily to potential clients.
- High school diploma/OND or equivalent.
- The ability of working under stress.
12th July, 2013
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online