Thaddeus Research Recruits Equity Research Assistant Trainee
Thaddeus Research - An independent investment research company seeks to hire an Equity Research Assistant Trainee.
Job Title: Equity Research Assistant Trainee
Note: Experienced (relevant) may also apply as Research Associates/Analysts
The ideal candidate should have committed themselves to a career in investment research and be very comfortable scrutinizing numbers. This is an excellent opportunity to LEARN and GROW for a bright recent graduate with either financial internship during college or professional examinations enrolled with certain stages already passed.
- Assist with reporting in Excel
- Call companies under coverage to get information; compile information
- Collect data, summarize notes
- Conduct research on the internet
- Handle requests from Analysts
- Increase our client base through reaching out to new clients and explaining our research products and why they need to patronize us. This shows you believe in what you are doing and its relevance.
- Monitor company/sector news and events and perform other related duties as assigned
- Physically go out to collect annual reports for companies under coverage.
- Provide support by performing market analysis
- Special projects as necessary
- Update the company’s website daily with the required information.
The Job Requirements:
- 1-3 years RELEVANT work experience (NYSC inclusive).
- Comfortable communicating with other people in person and over the phone and confident to face challenges and work under pressure.
- Comfortable reaching out to potential clients to increase patronage of our research products
- Comfortable thinking outside the box and taking initiative
- Desire for a career in investment research and not just curious about a new job
- Experience using the internet to search for varied information successfully
- Maximum age of 25 by Dec 31, 2013.
- Minimum of 2 years commitment (Employment Bond)
- Minimum of a 4 year degree (2’2 or better) in Economics, Finance, or Accountancy ONLY
- Must pass our quantitative and verbal aptitude test (No exceptions)
- Some knowledge of finance and the stock market is REQUIRED
- Strong writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially on Excel
Deadline for Application
26th March, 2013
Interested and qualified candidates should send CVs and Applications to: email@example.com with job title as the subject of the email.