Graduate Trainee Geek Force at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel. Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee-Geek Force
Location: Lagos, NG
- Are you innovative, customer-centric, and techy? Think you have what it takes to work at the coolest, most innovative telecommunications company in Nigeria?
- The Geek Force Internship contest at Etisalat will provide an unforgettable opportunity to join the 0809ja team!
- You can now apply and join the contest to be the next Etisalat Geek.
- After the contest, as a Geek Trainee, you will deliver service and support to customers by assisting with the activation and configuration of mobile devices and applications; you will educate customers through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up devices or resolve issues.
- During the contest, you will define, develop and design various plans that will impact on Etisalat’s business objectives. You will reinforce the brand pillars and strengths.
- You will be required to strategize on the positioning of programmes to address the needs of the target market of smartphone users as well as the youth segment.
- You will collaborate with the Devices team and Original Equipment Manufacturers (e.g Samsung, Blackberry etc.)
- You will define, develop and design various plans that will impact on Etisalat’s business objectives. You will reinforce the brand pillars and strengths.
- Minimum of a first degree required; preferably in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant discipline requiring critical thought processes/ behaviours
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- A natural sense of pride taken in all elements of your work and appearance
- Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and/or customer issues, seeing them through to completion
- Ability to create and curate engaging social media content
- An ability to use your initiative and think outside the box
- Familiarity and proficiency with Web 2.0 social networking and collaboration technologies, including the internet, social media sites, discussion boards, blogs, video sharing etc
- Familiarity with information technology and mobile technology, especially, but not limited to: experience and knowledge of the major telephone brands and models prolific in the Nigerian market; knowledge and experience of mobile tablets and laptops within the market; a comfortable knowledge of the various mobile operating systems (OS); a healthy interest in device roadmaps
- Good trouble shooting skills, desire to go above and beyond to solve queries and issues
- Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Preference for working in teams within a fast paced environment but must also be self motivated
- Relevant post-NYSC work experience is a plus.
- Attach 1 Passport Photo (attachment should not exceed 5MB)
- Attach a copy of NYSC Certificate (attachment should not exceed 5MB)
- Complete Online Application
- Include a link to a 1 – 3 min video that displays the Geek-in-You (How Geeky are you? We would like you to show us)
Deadline for Application
26 June, 2013
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: When the page opens, click on New Jobs (Last 7 days), then click on Graduate Trainee Geek Force