Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Services Engineer
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
We are one of the only companies that have end-to-end capabilities to deliver what Carriers need to provide a smart, scalable and simple End-user environment ready for the Networked Society. A competitive, next-generation IP and Broadband portfolio of Solutions and Services, allows us to deliver a fully converged end-to-end solution for Service Providers around the world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to join the Learning & Development team to support and drive employee learning at Ericsson in our RSSA Region.
Job Title: Services Engineer Graduate
Ref No: 00090932
RSSA Operations – Graduate
With operations in 45 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and a staff complement of approximately 2 300, Ericsson is the largest global telecommunications vendor that is innovating, developing and improving the lives of people, business and society. We supply and service all major African operators, with market leadership in Mobile Broadband, Communication Services, Fixed Broadband Convergence, Operations and Business Support Systems. We also boast the largest Managed Services community in the world and are the technology leaders in both Television and Media Management and the Service Enabling Area.
Ericsson truly believes that a successful business can only be built on successful people, so we are a people focused company. Our continuing leadership within the market place shows we have the ability to transform our business within a rapidly changing technological arena, through vision and diversity. Therefore our products have continued to shape the future for our customers and we are continually developing to meet new market opportunities.
Ericsson attracts and develops high performing, competent and motivated individuals, by building on everyone’s competence and ambition to succeed. We offer an exciting, diverse and challenging environment for this.
RSSA Operations has the mission to provide higher level Services related competence in the region. It will have the mandate to lift up customer’s confidence and dependability in Ericsson’s technical delivery organization, by creating an outstanding business value.
RSSA Operations has a prime focus on improving the following:
- Cost reduction
- Customer satisfaction
- Hot and Critical issue handling
- Incident Prevention
- Mentoring RSSA engineers
- Network performance
- Performance and Quality enhancement
- Root Cause Analysis
Main Responsibilities include:
- Able to manage high work load periods.
- Able to write technical procedures.
- Assumes work responsibility by being flexible.
- End of Support product CSR handling
- Handle Hot and critical issues.
- Network Audits.
- Network design and optimisation
- Perform RCA of Emergencies that occur in RSSA customers.
- Proactive approach.
- Project implementation and Project support during implementation.
- Reduce Long Duration Emergencies.
- Suggest improvements in ways of working and ways of cooperation.
- Team player.
- Work as a good team member in a group of highly competent and skilled engineers.
Service Engineers perform work in the following Domains::
- IN (Intelligent Networks and Charging System)
- MSS (Mobile Switching Systems)
- RAN (Radio Access Networks)
- TMS (Telecom Management System)
- VAS (Value Added Services)
- Ability to develop and give effective presentations within own unit.
- Ability to work under strong pressure related to scale of business impact.
- Highly motivated and good team player.
- Motivated to mentor and coach team members.
- Must have consultative skills, share knowledge.
- Service Engineers possesses excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Service Engineers work on Customer Support Tools like SMS, Metis, MHWeb.
- Service Engineers would be required to interact with other Ericsson organizations to understand and clarify customer issues and work with Design organization for advanced troubleshooting and trouble reports.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Programming language skills (Perl, C+)
- Strong Analytical skills
- Telecom infrastructure knowledge
- Telecom protocols understanding
- Unix knowledge
- Very Strong IP concepts
- Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Ability to communicate in French is an advantage
- Bachelors of Electrical/Telecom engineering
- Bachelors or master in Computer Science/ computer engineering
- Some experience working in the Telecommunications industry preferable
- Telecomunications related Theses in final year studies an advantage
1st July, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online