Chevron Nigeria Latest Job Vacancies for Drill/Well Site Manager
Chevron Nigeria is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Nigeria Limited hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for employment.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C “Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron has established drilling and completion operation in over 20 countries around the world with an exploration/new ventures team that plans and executes projects in new countries where we do not yet have production. Our staffing plan in each country includes a mix of local staff that is supplemented by expatriate personnel. These expatriate personnel are made up of employees from the countries we have established operations in plus several others. An expatriate DSM can expect a career path that includes opportunities to work in many of these countries or within the individual’s home country, as situations warrant.
DSM or WSM positions are part of our pool of employees working expatriate assignments outside of their home country. Typical work schedules are 28 days on/28 days off, with travel time on the employee’s days off. Depending on local laws and regulations, an expatriate employee can expect assignments to typically last 3 – 4 years, longer in some cases.
Job Title: Drill/Well Site Manager (Company Representative)
Requisition Number: 081126891
Locations: Escravos, Port Harcourt,
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maintains accurate cost control.
- Manages day to day activities of rig contractor personnel and third party contractors.
- Manages logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
- Manages on site day to day operations on drilling, completion, intervention and workovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides accurate daily reports to superintendent.
- Some positions require demonstrated deepwater operations skill sets.
- Works in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable government regulations.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in supervision of onsite drilling and/or completion/workoever activities. Note: Each country has specific requirements for non-national personnel to work in their country, initial assignments will be to locations commensurate with the successful candidate’s education and work experience.
- A valid passport issued from country of citizenship.
- Applicants must be able to successfully complete Chevron’s IADC certified Well Control training in order to achieve certification for well control.
- Demonstrated ability to apply new technology.
- English language skills.
- Experience in mentoring and training less experienced personnel.
- High School Diploma, Accredited GED, or International Equivalent.
- Strong communication skills are imperative.
- Strong emphasis on safety of personnel and assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations & policies.
A valid IADC Well Control Certificate (or equivalent) is preferred, but can be provided by company for successful applicant after hiring.
Experience on 4th and 5th generation dynamic positioned semi-submersible and drillships will be necessary for some positions.
Language skills other than English are not required, but are preferred for some positions.
This is a rotational position, relocation will not be offered. Company will provide travel to/from the work location in compliance with Company travel policies.*LI-KG1
This is an expatriate position; therefore willingness to work outside of home country is an expectation. Candidate must be willing to work in multiple locations around the world
31st July, 2013
Interested and Qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online