The Escravos gas Plant is a two train gas processing plant. This position will have a Rrtational work schedule, typically 28 days on, 28 days off. Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Process Engineer (EGP) located in Escravos, Nigeria through January 2, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 081126804
Job locations: Escravos, Nigeria
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Providing process engineering support for daily operations in the areas of process engineering and facilities troubleshooting, optimization and debottlenecking oil/gas facilities with an emphasis on the Escravos Gas Plant faculties and operations.
- Participating in PHAs and close out action items or designing modifications to enhance process safety, and acting as a technical Functional Reviewer in the MOC process.
- Supporting operational activities including commissioning of new equipment, providing key input for turnaround activities and to participate as team member for FE projects and provide consultation to Operations and Major Capital Projects in the assigned area.
- Approving PFD, PID and process datasheets and other process documentation.
Acting as key participant in safety assessment reviews for MOC.
- Directing simulation work and plans, setting up cases for evaluation.
Directing work on flow assurance and reliability studies.
Developing process startup procedures, operating instructions and operator training guides for new facilities.
- Acting as a liaison to help solve project issues.
- Developing opportunities with sound basis and business case drivers and work with decision makers/project team members at early phases.
- Providing consultation to Major Capital Projects.
- Supporting commissioning of new equipment and provide key input for turnaround and debottlenecking activities.
- Acting as a key consultant for SAT (Site Acceptance Testing).
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years process engineering experience in the oil & gas industry, preferably in gas compression & processing facility including, treating, compression, heat exchange, LPG storage condensate processing, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years process engineering experience supporting natural gas processing plants.
- Must have strong knowledge of HySIS, PipePhase and other simulations tools.
- Must have strong process engineering background, especially with gas processing facilities.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving debottlencking process issues.
- Must have good record of success with process control implementation and support.
- Understands typical gas plant operations, process equipment design selection, and typical process dynamics.
- Skilled at modifying complex/major equipment and facilities for debottlenecking.
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate within a multi-discipline collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of customer focus.
- Ability to effectively work as member of multi-functional Asset Team in an operating environment.
- Strong mentoring skills and interpersonal communications within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the transfer of knowledge and skills to junior project engineers, process engineers and interns with special attention to nationals, by developing and employing mentoring programs based on the Chevron Way principles, CPDEP mind set, and the use of VIP (Value Improving Practices).
- Demonstrate willingness and aptitude, as well as cultural sensitivity, in diverse work environment.
Qualifications Most Preferred:
- Experience in mentoring and training less experienced engineers will be considered a plus.
- Relocation Options:
- Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-CB1
- International Considerations:
- Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click the link below to apply online