Chevron Nigeria Job Career For D&C Learning & Development Coordinator
Chevron Nigeria is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. Chevron Nigeria Limited hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for employment.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron
- Housing is in a camp environment (Lekki). International Schools Grade 1-12. Malaria & other tropical diseases are prevalent – necessitating preventative treatment program. Medical facilities in camp sufficient for basic health and emergency care. Armed security escorts are generally required for travel in and through the urban centers at night.
- The D&C “Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
- We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
Job Title: D&C Learning & Development Coordinator
Requisition Number: 081127913
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate D&C Development Program and Competency Assessement tool usage.
- Coordinate the development of recently hired Nigerian engineers and DSMs, through the Technical Training Programs (Horizons & Pathways) and other structured development programs.
- Coordinate university and DSM hiring targeting Angolans.
- Ensure appropriate mentors are assigned and coordinates with Drilling Superintendents and DEM/DOM to ensure trainees are placed in assignments aligned with their development needs.
- Interfaces with Global L&D network. Works closely with HR on Succession Planning and Strategic Staffing Initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate DTA in country training and overseas training.
- Provide direct mentoring and training to new hires as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Broad experience of several different types of drilling and completions activity and broad track record of field and office assignments.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and mentoring inexperienced D&C staff. Demonstrated desire to train and develop young people. Demonstrated track record of working with people from other cultures and varied educational backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; written, visual and spoken.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to coordinate and develop training and development programs
- Experience in formal teaching would be desired.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience.
Deadline for Application
20th March, 2013
Interested and Qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online